· One practice a week for 7 weeks, for k-4th grades.
· Practice Monday, Tuesday, OR Thursday on the weeks of January 16th – week of March 2nd
· Five games held on Saturdays
· Games January 28th – March 4th (No games Feb. 18 – Presidents Day Weekend)
· Simple and engaging devotions sharing Christian love and support for your child and your family, a focus on good sportsmanship and teamwork, skill development with an opportunity for all participants to have an equal game day playing time (if present all of the game days).
· The same quality, commitment, and hospitality you have experienced in Trinity sports programs offered over the past 15 years!
*please be flexible with us, the season may be affected by weather closings or other conditions beyond our control.
574-294-7602 ext 125
574-294-7602 ext 125
Meet our Barklee League Director!
Many of you may recognize Jake Balch as he has been a dedicated coach for his son’s Upward teams for the past 4 years. Jake also has extensive coaching experience at the high school level in Elkhart community and beyond. Further, he has a background in education, business, and marketing.
As part of the evaluation task force that accessed and planned this new ministry, Jake has listened to and participated in the accessment of the needs of our community and the mission of our church. Having been a valuable and inspirational part of both the Upward and Elkhart communities, Jake has both the passion and potential to grow this new ministry opportunity in mission and excellence.
We are thrilled that Jake has accepted this position to create and lead our new basketball ministry league – the Barklee Basketball League at Trinity on Jackson Church!
Why Barklee Basketball League?
Did you know Randy Modjeska? He was a very special person to Trinity Church and our Upward league. He was an adult with special needs and a big heart for children and Jesus. He helped on Wednesday Nights in Kidz Church and with Upward ministries. Randy reminded us that everyone is welcome and celebrated here – regardless of our talents, abilities, and struggles we may face in the world.
On game days, Randy spent the day wearing a mascot custom of a dog he named “Barklee” to cheer kids on and add to the engery and fun of these memorable experiences. He celebrated kids and welcomed families all day long serving with joy and delight.
A few years ago Randy passed away of natural causes and previous league director, Brian Jamison, named our scholarship program the Barkley Scholarship Memorial as a tribute to the loving spirit and contagious enthusiasm Randy shared with all he encountered. Our Barklee League, like our Upward League, will be committed to offering scholarships so that ALL children can particpate regardless of a family’s financial situation.
Randy embodied the essence of what our league stands for and the mission and ministry begin this vital sports program. We are so excited to share Randy’s story and legacy through the launching of our newly visioned Barklee Basketball League!